To love one another is a command from our Lord, Jesus Christ. I found at least 14 verses in the New Testaments that repeating the Lord’s command to love each other for He has loved us first.
- John 15:12 (ESV) – “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
- 1 John 3:11 (ESV) – For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
- John 13:34 (ESV) – A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
- John 15:17 (ESV) – These things I command you, so that you will love one another. The Hatred of the World
- Romans 12:10 (ESV) – Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.
- 1 John 4:11 (ESV) – Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:9 (ESV) – Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another,
- 1 Peter 1:22 (ESV) – Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart,
- 1 Peter 4:8 (ESV) – Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.
- 1 John 3:10 (ESV) – By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. Love One Another
- 1 John 3:23 (ESV) – And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.
- 1 John 4:7 (ESV) – Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.
- 1 John 4:12 (ESV) – No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
- 2 John 1:5 (ESV) – And now I ask you, dear lady—not as though I were writing you a new commandment, but the one we have had from the beginning—that we love one another.
I found this notes posted on our church bulletin few months ago and I thought I’d love to share these practical ways that we all can do to show love to others so that they may know God’s love.
10 Ways To Love
- Listen without interrupting (Proverbs 18)
- Speak without accusing (James 1:18)
- Give without sparing (Proverbs 21:26)
- Pray without ceasing (Colossians 1:9)
- Answer without arguing (Proverbs 17:1)
- Share without pretending (Ephesians 4:!5)
- Enjoy without complaint (Philippians 2:14)
- Trust without wavering (1 Corinthians 13:7)
- Forgive without punishing (Colossians 3:13)
- Promise without forgetting (Proverbs 13:12)
What do you do to show love to others?